Microclover® is a unique clover plant developed by DLF Pickseed breeders. It is a very tiny white clover featuring all the benefits of traditional clover and more. Microclover® is gaining in popularity around the world as a natural solution for a dense, healthy turf in areas requiring low maintenance. When used at a low rate in grass seed mixtures, Microclover® will produce a beautiful self sustaining lawn. The Microclover® plants create a canopy within the grasses that prevents weeds, such as dandelions, from establishing. It also fixes atmospheric nitrogen into a usable form of natural fertilizer for the grass. The Microclover® plants are evenly dispersed via stolons, resulting in an attractive blending of grasses and clover. White grubs prefer not to eat Microclover® roots and the adults don't prefer to lay their eggs in Microclover®. Thus, Microclover® combined with tall fescues can help control grub damage in turf applications.
CLICK HERE to download the Microclover data sheet as seen below.
|Live seeds per ounce:
|Seeding rate per ounce:
|65-125 sq ft
|Climate Zones (see map)
|Provide supplemental irrigation in absence of winter rains.
- Widely adapted, grows throughout the U.S.
- Smaller leaf and growth habit than white clover
- Attracts bees, butterflies and beneficial insects
- Perennial, low growing ground cover mixes well with lawn grasses
- Rapid germination and establishment helps control weed infestation
- Nitrogen fixing bacteria reduces fertilizer requirement and maintenance
Uses: Lawns in a grass mixture, Parks, Sportsfields, Ground Cover, Erosion Control, Soil Improvement, Cover Crops
- Lawns: Because of a high seed count, Microclover should only comprise 5% of a grass seed mix.
- If seeding alone seed at the rate of 1 pound per 1,000 square feet.
In southern climates seed in late winter to early spring and late summer to early fall.
In northern climates seed in late winter to early spring or when temperature is 40⁰ or greater at night.
Clover does best with a soil pH between 6.0 and 7.0. If pH is low add lime to adjust.
Germination in 7-14 days under optimal temperature and moisture conditions.
Microclover® (Trifolium repens)
45% Minimum purity
50% Nitro Coat Seed Coating
45% Minimum Germination
45% Minimum Hard Seed*
90% Total Germination and Hard Seed
400,000 seeds per pound
*Hard seed is viable seed that takes longer to germinate.
Microclover® is a registered trademark of DLF Pickseed
For instructions on seeding and care: Planting Clover Seed